September is one of my favorite months of the year. While the first two days of September started off quite cold and had me wishing summer would stick around a little bit longer, I am still excited for the start of fall. I love how the mornings start off cool, the days are pleasantly warm, and the evenings cool off again. The cooler days remind me to be thankful for the warm days that we have left. With September, things also start to slow down just a little bit. The last few months things have been so busy, I’m looking forward to getting back to some type of routine.
- Make the most of the weekends || For me that means, spending the time outdoors on the nice days but enjoying the not so nice days by taking the time to slow down and knock some things off my to do list (like cleaning out my closet).
- Fit in some type of exercise at least 5 days a week || The last few months I haven’t been the best at sticking to a workout routine and I started to feel it. I was feeling sluggish and mentally drained. The last couple of weeks I have been committed to getting back to some type of routine and after a week, I could completely tell a difference. I’ve been going to yoga consistently and on days when I can’t make it to a class, I try to fit in some type of cardio instead.
- Regain my focus || This links back to settling into some type routine. I am the most productive when I have structure. When things come up that I don’t plan for (like late nights at work) it throws me off my schedule. From there it seems to snowball. I plan on settling into a new morning and evening routine that will help me maintain my focus even when things do come up.
- Start cooking more balanced meals || After thinking about it for over a month, I’ve decided to sign up for Hello Fresh (no this isn’t sponsored). While I love grocery shopping, I always have so many leftovers and food ends up going to waste. I love that these boxes come with the right about of ingredients for 1 meal (for 2 people). All of the meals look amazing and are much more of a balanced meal than if I tried to cook something up on my own. If you are interested in Hello Fresh, using this link will get you $35 off your first week!
- Start reading regularly again || My reading over the last few months has been quite sporadic. I would love to start a Book Club on this blog. Would that be something you would be interested in?
That’s it for my goals this month! What are your goals for the month of September?