When I look back at 2017, it was quite a year of personal growth. At the beginning of 2017, I was full of anxiety about turning 30 and where I was in my life compared to where I expected to be. The first few months were rough, I didn’t feel in control of anything in my life. I felt like I was sitting on the sidelines as friends planned their weddings, were receiving promotions at work, and starting a family.
I made a conscious decision I needed to make a change. While there continued to be highs and lows throughout the year, the last few months have been the best of my life and are a stark contrast to where I was when at the start of 2017. I’m telling you all this in hopes that if you are in a similar place to where I was, you know that you are: not alone and this year can be different. It won’t be easy, but it will be worth it.
Goals for 2018
- Explore More Locally – Whether it is a new coffee shop, hiking trails, museums, or restaurants. I want to spend time taking full advantage of everything Columbus and the surrounding communities have to offer.
- Travel – I love getting to travel to places I have never been before. While my bank account doesn’t allow me to travel as much as I would like, it is all about planning for those trips so I can fully enjoy them when I can.
- Be Active – In September I started working out on a daily basis. While I expected this to make me feel better physically, I never expected how much better it has made me feel mentally. My goal is to continue to reach my move goal (apple watch lingo) at least 6 days a week.
- Unplug – Take an afternoon each month to unplug. Get a massage, read a book, get a facial…anything that involves putting the phone down for a little while.
- Declutter – This is a huge goal of mine in the next couple of months while it is cold out! My goal is to tackle one area of my house each weekend.
- Self Growth – Stop worrying about what other people think, continue to push myself outside of my comfort zone, and dedicate to time learning (right now photography & editing are on top of my mind).
What are your goals for 2018?